Something as simple as walking can introduce a lot of healthy benefits into your life. The best part about it walking is that it is easy and free. Here are some of the health benefits of walking.
1. It gives you a happy feeling. Walking elevates the mood you are in. So if a person is feeling low or slightly depressed, a half hour of brisk walking can change all that. This exercise produces endorphins and at the same time takes out stress.
2. It makes your heart stronger. Studies suggest that walking may help you prevent heart attack and other heart diseases. The cardio benefits of walking control the level of bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol.
3. Walking may help lower the probability of a person contracting diabetes.
4. Walking helps you trim off excess weight. A thirty-minute walk at a speed of 2 miles per hour will shed off an estimated 75 calories.
5. Walking supports a firm butt, tummy, and legs. The lower extremities and the lower abdomen muscle groups will have stronger and defined muscles because of the constant movement when walking. Toning these muscle groups is easy with walking.
6. Walking supplies a person with natural vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential to the health of bones because it can absorb calcium which makes your bones stronger.
7. Walking provides an individual with energy to last the whole day.