You did it. You finally decided to hit the gym. Good for you. Before you jump in head first, it’s important to do some research on how to maximize your gain goals. To get you started, here are some of NO Max Shred’s beginner basics.
Choosing an exercise
- Machines and racks help only in building specific muscle groups. Free weights provide better resistance for gains.
- The three basic free-weight exercises that will take center stage in your muscle building efforts are bench press, deadlift, and squats.
- Learn specific exercises that target hard to reach muscles.
Frequency of training
- Get sufficient rest. Rest is as important for you to receive gains as is working out itself.
- 36 hours after your last workout, and with proper rest, is the time that your muscles develop to their new capacity.
- 3 days within your last work, you will experience your strength at its highest level.
Sets and repetitions
- 8 – 10 reps is standard for a set.
- Lower reps with higher weight will maximize gains.
Too much exercise can be bad
- While exercising, stop when you cannot lift the weight anymore. Rest it out. Straining a muscle can put you out of commission for days or even weeks.
- Rotate muscle groups to avoid burnout. Allow each muscle group at least a day of rest in between working on another muscle group.
- Take a day off once or twice a week. Your body needs total rest every once in a while.
The main goal of following these NO Max Shred principles is to help beginners implement discipline to achieve their desired results. Your gains will come, but only if you’re patient.